City of Duluth Volunteers Needed:
Thank you for your interest in helping the City of Duluth clean-up and rebuild from the damage caused by the recent storm. Along with destroying personal and public property, it severely impacted our nationally recognized park/trail system. Ongoing volunteer support is needed to clean-up after this storm. If you are interested in supporting the restoration and recovery effort, please email Cheryl Skafte, Volunteer Coordinator, City of Duluth, at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, phone number and your volunteer interests. Be sure to indicate if you are representing a group or business. Information on park and trail restoration and clean-up projects will be sent out to interested individuals via email on a regular basis.
- Want to offer help?
- If you want to volunteer go to www.unitedwayduluth.org and click on “Give Help” or call 211.
- Consider donating to the long term flood relief fund at www.2012floodrelief.org
- Donations are being accepted through the Red Cross Northland. If you would like to help, please consider making a donation today by visiting www.redcrossmn.org, calling 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767) or texting the word REDCROSS to 90999 to make a $10 donation. Contributions may also be sent to your local Northland Chapter of the American Red Cross chapter at 2524 Maple Grove Road, Duluth, MN 55811 or to the American Red Cross, P.O. Box 37243, Washington, DC 20013, or call (218) 722-0071 for the local chapter.
- The Red Cross can assist with donations, food, water, or cleaning supplies for homes that were heavily damaged or destroyed in the flood.
- Our entire region was impacted by the flood. If you are interested in assisting in flood clean up efforts in our neighboring counties, please contact their local volunteer coordination teams.
- Aitkin County, MN - 218-927-1383
- Carlton County, MN - 218-879-9238
- Douglas County, WIÂ - 715-394-2733