Councilor at Large
130 Carlisle Avenue
Duluth MN 55803
expires: January 6, 2014
Districts 1-5 Map
a life long citizen my goal is to make Duluth a better place to
live, work and visit. I am a fairly conservative councilor, concerned
with a prosperous economy, strong family values, a healthful environment
and a better future for children.
grew up in Lester Park, played many sports, and became an Eagle
Boy Scout. As a youth, I was active in my church, Trinity Lutheran.
In 1975, after graduating from UMD in the ROTC program I went on
active duty Air Force. Following that commitment, I joined the Air
National Guard and returned to EMS (Emergency Medical Services.)
I married a local girl and currently live in Hunter’s Park.
I have done most of the kid things with four very active children.
In 1998 I became active in politics out of a desire to serve.
Manager for Mayo Medical Transportation (Gold Cross Ambulance).
Responsible for Safety, Environmental Health and Emergency
Planning for MMT in 15 locations across Minnesota and Wisconsin.
Faculty, University of Minnesota, Duluth. Masters of Environmental
Health and Safety Program.
Retired Lieutenant Colonel, Bioenvironmental Engineer –
offices held and years served
- Elected in November 2001 as an At-Large Duluth City Councilor. Re-elected in 2005.
- Elected as Council President for 2004.
- Single father of four children.
- Ryan 1984.
- Eric 1986.
- Rachael 1990.
of residency in Duluth
- Born in St. Luke’s Hospital in 1953 and except for
periods of Active Duty Air Force, have always been a Duluth
- Lester Park, Ordean, and East High graduate 1971.
- UMD – BA in Geography, minor Aerospace Studies.
- USAF Communications Electronics School – Keesler AFB,
- Masters Degree, Industrial Safety and Hygiene – UMD.
- Nationally Registered Paramedic – Wadena Technical
- Air Command and Staff College – USAF, Montgomery Alabama.
- Bioenvironmental Engineering School – USAF –
San Antonio, Texas.
- City Committees and Commissions
- Brown Field Advisory Board.
- Parks and Recreation Facility Task Force.
- City Council Finance Committee.
- Duluth-Superior Metropolitan Interstate Commission.
- Seaway Port Planning Committee - ARDC.
- Duluth Economic Development Commission.
- American Heart Association.
- Western Area Business and Civic Club.
- Duluth Area Chamber of Commerce.
- Ad Hoc Committee for UMD Environmental Health and Safety.
- Douglas County Highway Traffic Safety Commission.
- Local Emergency Planning Commission – Douglas County.
- Military Affairs Committee – DACC.
- Professional Memberships
Registry of EMT’s, Minnesota and Wisconsin.
- Retired Military Officers Association.