RESOLUTION APPROVING A COLLECTIVE BARGAINING AGREEMENT BETWEEN CITY OF DULUTH AND INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF FIRE FIGHTERS, LOCAL 101 FOR YEARS 2000-2002.BY COUNCILOR HOGG:
BE IT RESOLVED, that the
proper city officials are authorized to execute and implement a collective
bargaining agreement, containing the same terms and conditions, and being
in the same form (except for typographical or insubstantial corrections)
as that contract on file with the city clerk as Public Document No. ___________________
, covering years 2000, 2001, 2002.
1. Wage increases: 2000 - 1.5%; 2001 - 4%; 2002 - 4%.This settlement is within the current statewide settlement trend. It creates some new features in health care coverage that should lead to long term savings. The administration recommends approval.
2. Employer contribution to family health coverage:Plan 1: No increase3. Employer contribution to deferred compensation program, single coverage employees only:
Plan 2: $40/month increase each year
Plan 3: $50/month increase each year.Plans 1 and 2: $25/month increase each year4. Three jobs get a step pay increase.
Plan 3: $35/month increase each year.
5. Employees may purchase higher annual dental coverage limit (no cost).
6. Coverage changes in Plan 3 (transplants).
7. Future hires retire with Plan 3 coverage only. Employees who retire early get Plan 3 coverage only. Any employee may elect to retire with Plan 3 coverage.
8. Life insurance coverage increased to $50,000.
9. If management requires a change in uniform style more often than once in ten years, it will furnish a new issue (no cost).