BY COUNCILOR HOGG:01-0020R
RESOLUTION AUTHORIZING A COLLECTIVE BARGAINING AGREEMENT BETWEEN THE CITY AND AFSCME COUNCIL 96 FOR YEARS 2000, 2001, 2002.
BE IT RESOLVED, that the proper city officials are authorized to execute
and implement a collective bargaining agreement between the city and AFSCME
Council 96, Local 66, representing the basic bargaining unit for years
2000, 2001, 2002. The contract shall contain the terms and conditions set
out in the contract on file with the city clerk as Public Document No.
________________, though insubstantial changes in wording or corrections
for typographic errors may be made.
1. Wage increases of 1.5% in 2000, 4% in 2001, and 4% in 2002.
2. Increases in employer contribution to family health coverage of $15 per month per year for plan 2 and $20 per month per year for plan 3. There is no increase for plans 1 and 4.
3. Increase in employer contribution to deferred compensation of $33 per month per year for plan 1, plan 2, plan 3 and plan 4.
4. Option to use uniform money for footwear.
5. Increase of $2.50/month for purchase of life insurance.
6. Option for employee to purchase increased dental coverage.
7. New hires shall retire on plan 3 only.
8. Employer may allow vacation carry-over in hardship cases.