BY COUNCILOR GILBERT:
The city of Duluth does ordain:
Section 1. That Plate No. 12 of the zoning district map as contained in the Appendix to Chapter 50 of the Duluth City Code, 1959, is amended to read as follows:
Section 2. That this ordinance shall take effect and be in force 30 days from and after its passage and publication.
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE: This ordinance should have no effect on the tax base. This zoning ordinance amendment provides a zoning change, from R-3 to C-1. The property is located at 7107 Grand Avenue in West Duluth. The applicant states that this rezoning will be in the public interest because”
1. Rezoning will support local businesses in the area, such as the Tap-a-Keg, The Little Store, and the Lake Superior Zoo.
2. Rezoning will also support the Duluth Scenic St. Louis River Route Excursion Train, the Willard Munger State Trail and Western Waterfront Trails.
3. Rezoning will not have a negative impact on any of the surrounding property. (All adjacent property is located on the backside of this property, behind the alley)
The Duluth city planning commission unanimously approved this zoning change following a public hearing held on July 12, 2005.
In approving the zoning change the commission made the following findings of fact in support of the change:
1. Land use along Grand Avenue was commercial activity.
2. Zoning on the south side of Grand Avenue is C-2.
3. Current building and site is suited for C-1 activities.
4. Rezoning the property will not create conflict with adjoining property owners.
Date of Certification: June 15, 2005 Action Deadline: October 12, 2005