BY COUNCILOR GILBERT:
The city of Duluth does ordain:
Section 1. That the following public thoroughfare shall be and is hereby renamed Wisteria Lane:
All of Denim Drive from the terminus of the west end of Denim Street to the cul-de-sac located at the end of the formerly named Denim Drive located within the Plat of Sackette Addition according to the plat thereof on file with the registrar of deeds for St. Louis County, Minnesota.
Section 2. That the city clerk, upon passage of this ordinance, shall:
(a) Notify the director of public works and utilities to proceed with erection of street signs relating to such change;
(b) Notify the property owners within 300 feet of the street;
(c) Notify the following agencies and utilities of the specific changes:
(1) Business office of Qwest Communications;
(2) Manager of delivery and collection, main post office;
(3) County auditor, St. Louis County;
(4) President, Minnesota Power;
(5) Chief, Duluth fire department;
(6) Chief, Duluth police department;
(7) Director, department of public works and utilities;
(8) City assessor;
(9) Voter registration department;
(10) Minnesota department of transportation;
(11) St. Louis County 911 agency.
Section 3. That this ordinance shall take effect 30 days after its passage and publication.
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE: This ordinance renames Denim Drive to Wisteria Lane which is located in the Plat of Sackette Addition. The planning commission approved of this change at the January 10, 2006, meeting on a 12 to 1 vote.
Tax impact: There is no impact on the tax base as this is a street name change.