BY COUNCILOR GILBERT:
The city of Duluth does ordain:
Section 1. That the following public thoroughfare shall be and is hereby renamed Denim Street: all of Denim Drive located within the plat of Sackette Addition according to the plat therefor on file with the register of deeds for St. Louis County, Minnesota.
Section 2. That the city clerk, upon passage of this ordnance, shall:
(a) Notify the director of public works and utilities to proceed with erection of street signs relating to such change;
(b) Notify the property owners within 300 feet of the street;
(c) Notify the following agencies and utilities of the specific changes:
(1) Business office of Qwest Communications;
(2) Manager of delivery and collection, main post office;
(3) County auditor, St. Louis County;
(4) President, Minnesota Power;
(5) Chief, Duluth fire department;
(6) Chief, Duluth police department;
(7) Director, department of public works and utilities;
(8) City assessor;
(9) City voter registration department;
(10) Minnesota department of transportation;
(11) St. Louis County 911 agency.
Section 3. That this ordinance shall take effect 30 days after its passage and publication.
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE: This ordinance renames Denim Drive to Denim Street within the plat of Sackette Addition. During the review, approval and filing of this plat, it was not observced that the name of this, the only street in the plat, a direct extension of a street in an adjoining plat, did not continue the same name. This action makes the name uniform for the length of the entire street within both plats, consistent with adopted platting regulations (FN 06001).
There is no impact on tax base resulting from this action.