BY PRESIDENT REINERT:
RESOLVED, that Rule 7 of the standing rules of the Duluth City Council be amended to read as follows:
Rule 7. ORDER OF BUSINESS FOR ALL MEETINGS EXCEPT ANNUAL ORGANIZATION MEETING.
Upon the appearance of a quorum, the council shall then proceed to the business before it in the following order:
1. Roll call;
2. Pledge of allegiance;
3. Approval of minutes of previous meeting(s);
4. Presentation of petitions and other communications;
5. Reports from the administration;
6. Reports from other officers;
7. Reports of boards and commissions;
8. Reports of council committees;
9. Reports of council open issues;
10. Opportunity for citizens to be heard;
11. Unfinished business;
12. New business, motions, resolutions;
13. Introduction and consideration of ordinances;
14. Councilor questions and comments.
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE: This resolution adjusts the order of business for council meetings. Its passage requires two readings and an affirmative vote of 2/3 of the council.