BY COUNCILOR GILBERT:
The city of Duluth does ordain:
Section 1. That the following public thoroughfare shall be and is hereby renamed Greenbriar Lane: Middle Road adjoining Lots 51 through 57 and 94 through 98 in the plat of Norton Acre Outlots and Middle Lane in plat of Cedar Ridge Estates Division, according to the plats thereof on file with the registrar for St. Louis County, Minnesota.
Section 2. That the city clerk, upon passage of this ordinance, shall:
(a) Notify the director of public works and utilities to proceed with erection of street signs relating to such change;
(b) Notify the following agencies and utilities of the specific changes:
(1) Business office of Qwest Communications;
(2) Manager of delivery and collection, main post office;
(3) County auditor, St. Louis County;
(4) President, Minnesota Power;
(5) Chief, Duluth fire department;
(6) Chief, Duluth police department;
(7) Director, department of public works and utilities;
(8) City assessor;
(9) City voter registration department;
(10) Minnesota department of transportation;
(11) St. Louis County 911 agency.
Section 3. That this ordinance shall take effect 30 days after its passage and publication.
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE: This ordinance renames a portion of Middle Road lying west of Howard Gnesen Road and all of Middle Lane off the west end of Middle Road to “Greenbriar Lane.” The name change has been petitioned by the property owners.
This is a newly improved street serving 12 platted, two improved, properties in the plat of Norton Acre Outlots lying west of Howard Gnesen Road and 25 improved and unimproved lots in the recently approved plat of Cedar Ridge Estates.
The planning commission unanimously approved of this change at the November 14, 2006, meeting.
Petition received: September 25, 2006
Action deadline: None