BY COUNCILOR NESS:
RESOLVED, that the proper city officials are authorized to execute and implement a cooperative agreement between the city and U.S. department of housing and urban development, in substantially the form of the agreement on file with the city clerk as Public Document No. _____________, for furnishing of services in matters related to fair housing laws in year 2007; in the amount of $120,000, to be deposited in Fund 100, Agency 010, Organization 1105, Revenue Source 4209-2.
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE: This resolution authorizes an agreement with HUD by which the city receives $120,000 for furnishing services, through its human rights office, related to enforcement of fair housing laws. Significant provisions of the contract are:
1. The current interim contract continues.
2. The money can be used only as set out in the scope of work.
3. The city cannot, as a result of this contract, reduce the level of resources it has currently committed to fair housing matters.
4. Work paid for with the money must be relevant to fair housing and the Fair Housing Act, 42 U.S.C. Section 3600-19.
5. The city promises:
a. Drug free workplace;
b. Required audits;
c. Hatch Act limit on political activity;
d. No personal gain - conflict of interest;
f. Federal purchasing rule favoring recycled materials.
6. Requires out-of-town training.