DISCLAIMER

 

PUBLIC WORKS AND UTILITIES COMMITTEE


08-0253R


RESOLUTION AUTHORIZING AN AGREEMENT WITH ST. LOUIS COUNTY AND THE CITY OF HERMANTOWN FOR SIGNAL INSTALLATION AT THE INTERSECTION OF HAINES ROAD AND ANDERSON ROAD IN AN AMOUNT NOT TO EXCEED $10,000.

CITY PROPOSAL:

     RESOLVED, that the proper city officials are authorized to enter into an agreement with St. Louis County and the city of Hermantown, a copy of which is on file in the office of the city clerk as Public Document No. __________, to install a new signal system at the intersection of Haines Road and Anderson Road as set forth in State Project No. 69-691-22, in an amount not to exceed $10,000, payable from the working Permanent Improvement Fund 0411, Department/Agency 035, Object 5530, and would be reimbursed from city’s municipal state aid construction account, City Project No. 0670TR.


ENGINEERING


STATEMENT OF PURPOSE:  This resolution will authorize the city to enter into an agreement with St. Louis County and the city of Hermantown to install a new signal system at the intersection of Haines Road and Anderson Road in an amount not to exceed $10,000. The county plans to install this signal system during the 2008 construction season. The county has secured federal funds for this work at 80 percent of the construction costs. The remaining 20 percent will be split 50 percent to the county, 25 percent to the city of Duluth and 25 percent to the city of Hermantown, based on ownership of roads entering this intersection. The city of Duluth’s portion of the signal construction costs will be paid from the working Permanent Improvement Fund 0411, Department/Agency 035, Object 5530, and would be reimbursed from the city’s municipal state aid construction account, City Project No. 0670TR.