Skip to main content

Charitable Gambling Taxes


Charitable Gambling Forms

Tax Return Form:   Adobe PDF


Charitable Gambling Taxes FAQ

How do I apply for a license for charitable gambling?

  • Contact the City Clerk’s Office at 218-730-5500 or by stopping by their office at:

City of Duluth Clerk's Office
411 West 1st Street, Room 330
Duluth MN 55802

What are the Charitable Gambling tax rates?

  • There is a 3% Charitable Gambling tax and a 5% Facility Fee.

I have multiple locations in Duluth, do I fill out the Facility Fee portion of the return for each of them?

  • No.  The Facility Fee is calculated once per organization.  If you have locations outside of Duluth, you will need to add up totals from Schedule A (#10, Column C.  If you only have locations in Duluth, you can get this figure from form G1, #10, Column C)

How do I pay taxes for charitable gambling?

  • Tax Return forms are mailed out monthly. Remit to:

City of Duluth Treasurer’s Office
411 West 1st Street, Room 120
Duluth MN 55802

When are charitable gambling returns due?

  • Returns and tax payment are due by the 25th of the month following the period in which the activity occurred.  For example, the filing for January sales is due by February 25th.


Treasurer's Office
City Hall, Room 120
411 West First Street
Duluth, MN 55802


Office hours are:
8:00 A.M. - 4:30 P.M.
Monday through Friday

City of Duluth, 411 West First Street, Duluth, Minnesota 55802
©2019 City of Duluth, Minnesota. All Rights Reserved | Disclaimers | Contact the City | Sitemap
Follow the City of Duluth City Facebook Page City's Twitter Feed City Youtube Channel