Lakewalk Rules of Etiquette
The Duluth Lakewalk is a three mile paradise for strolling, sightseeing and more. To enhance everyone’s enjoyment and safety of this multi-use park, all Lakewalk users are asked to please be courteous of others and keep in mind these helpful rules of etiquette.
• Use safe speed and watch out for others. The Lakewalk is intended for leisure paces.
• Stay to the right on pathway.
• Bicyclists, non motorized mechanical vehicles, and in-line skaters use the blacktop areas and pedestrians use the boardwalk. No bicycles, in-line skates or other non-motorized mechanical vehicles on the boardwalk.
• Bicyclists, non motorized mechanical vehicles, and in-line skaters shall maintain a safe speed depending on the number of others users, the condition of the trail surface and the weather.
• On the sections of the Lakewalk where there is only blacktop, pedestrians have the right away.
• Bicyclists and skaters shall use verbal signals such as, “On your left” when approaching and passing others from behind.
• Keep pets on leash no longer than 6 feet and clean up any pet droppings. The City of Duluth provides “mutt mitts” all along the Lakewalk for ease of disposal. This is strictly enforced.
• Please don’t litter. Trash containers are located along the pathway.
• Public restrooms are located at the corner of the lake, just west of the large mural wall and at the Rose Garden parking lot.