The Duluth Fire Department Operations Division will once gain partner with its Life Safety Division to blanket the City of
Beginning Sunday May 1st, fire companies in the
· Abandoned, unlicensed vehicles
· Excessive accumulation of junk
· Houses needing excessive maintenance
· Excessive accumulation of solid waste
· Visible house numbers (address)
· Vacant and unsecured buildings
· Overgrown yards
· Dilapidated garages/sheds
The initial inspection process for these two areas will be completed by May 15th. The remainder of the city will be systematically inspected throughout the summer.
The Life Safety Division will collect this information and notices will be sent to property owners for corrections. The Division will continue to work with these identified properties to ensure compliance with applicable city codes.
The individual fire companies will not be moved out of their respective districts to complete this task. They will use this program to further familiarize themselves with the various nuances within our neighborhoods.
If anyone has questions regarding this program, or what constitutes a violation, you can contact the City of