City Sets up 24/7 service for Fond du Lac neighborhood
[Duluth, MN] – The City of Duluth continues to work with its local and state partners to assess the safety of the Fond du Lac neighborhood in Duluth. The City’s goal is safety first and foremost. The following has been established to assist residents in the Fond du Lac neighborhood.
A Community Center Mobile Command Post, staffed 24 hours and 7 days a week, will be set up at Hwy 23 and 130th Ave West. Duluth Police Officers will be available with information and assistance for residents. Officers can assist with the following:
- Residents will be allowed to take vehicles as far as the bus location.
- Residents will be able to return to their homes, providing an ID clearance at the Community Bus Center. Access after dark will be on a limited basis due to safety concerns.
- The most up to date information on neighborhood assessments.
- Providing bottled water.
- Meal service will be provided this Saturday and Sunday at Noon by the Red Cross Northland.
- Residents can contact the Community Center Bus by calling (218) 590-8354.
Residents should use caution as there are still hazards in the area such as:
- Standing water is unsanitary water.
- Raw sewage and septic failure is evident.
- There are unforeseen hazards and loose debris.
- Stay away from propane tanks.
- If you see or smell anything dangerous or harmful, call 911.
Residents can still contact 211 for additional assistance external to what the Community Center Bus provides.# # #