Call for Volunteers: City of Duluth Trail Work
The Parks and Recreation Division needs volunteers to help out with our city trails. To register to volunteer at any these events contact City of Duluth, Volunteer Coordinator, Cheryl Skafte at 218-393-9879 or email@example.com.
Flood-Related Trail Work Days
· Thursday, July 12, 5-8pm – Trail Restoration for the Half-Voyageur Ultra-Marathon! Volunteers needed to help disperse top soil and wood chips along the flood damaged lower hiking trails at Kingsbury Creek to ready the trail for the upcoming annual Half-Voyageur Ultra-Marathon Race. Meet at the trailhead at the end of Waseca Street, just off Grand Avenue, east of the Zoo.
· Saturday, July 14, 9-12pm and Wednesday, July 18, 4-7pm – Lester Park Work Days! Volunteers needed to help disperse gravel and top soil along the lower flood-damaged Amity hiking and ski trails at Lester Park. Meet near the playground.
Advanced Trail Building Work Day
· Monday, July 15, 5-8pm - Stair Building at Hawk Ridge Nature Reserve - The City of Duluth seeks volunteers to help construct a set of trail stairs from the Main Overlook down to the lower level viewing area.
Trail Brushing and Weed Whacking
· Tuesday, July 17, 5-8pm - Weed Whacking at Lester Park. Meet at the main parking lot off Lester River Road.
· Tuesday, July 24, 5-8pm - Weed Whacking at Hawk Ridge. Meet at the main overlook on Skyline Parkway, about a mile in from Glenwood Street.
· Tuesday, July 31, 5-8pm – Weed Whacking at Chester Park. Meet at the main entrance to Chester Bowl.
· Thursday, July 19, 5-8pm; Thursday, July 26, 5-8pm – Buckthorn Brigade @ Hartley Park. Meet at main parking lot in Hartley Nature Center. There will likely be a short hike to get to the work location.
· Friday, July 20, 1-3pm; Friday, August 3, 1-3pm – Buckthorn Brigade @ Chester Park. Meet at the main entrance to Chester.
# # #