City Announces East Superior Ramp Opens Friday, October 26th
The City of Duluth is pleased to announce, after a temporary closure for repairs and cleaning, the East Superior Street Public Ramp will reopen for parking tomorrow morning.
Some highlights of the work completed during the closure are as follows:
- Replaced two large areas of significantly deteriorated concrete, totaling about 400 square feet, on the top floor of the facility.
- Repaired one weight-bearing column and two weight-bearing haunches.
- Repaired 20 ceiling leaks throughout the facility.
- Repaired 2 pipe leaks.
- Machine swept entire facility.
- Pressure washed all levels.
- Painted parking space lines throughout the facility.
- Cleaned elevator cab glass and the interior of the elevator column glass.
- Patched and painted west wall of the attendant booth.
Earlier this month, the following elevator performance repairs also were completed at the ramp:
- Replaced elevator door gibbs and adjusted doors.
- Replaced door locks.
- Replaced door operator belt.
- Replaced stop roller on the door operator.
- Replaced bearing block assembly on the door operator.
- Replaced door clutch rollers.
- Replaced contacts on the cab gate switch.
- Replaced starter contacts.
- Replaced burned-out bulbs.
- Lubricated jack packings.
- Cleaned cab top and pit.
Additional aesthetic enhancements will be completed over the coming weeks and months while the facility will remain open to the public.
# # #