IMPORTANT VOTER INFORMATION
[Duluth, MN] - Election Day is just around the corner. Individuals who intend to vote in the Presidential General Election on November 6, 2012, should make plans now.
If you are not registered to vote, you will not be allowed to vote on election day, Tuesday, November 6, 2012, unless you bring an allowable means of identification by Minnesota Statutes.
For polling site information, call: (218) 730-5500 or go online to: http://elections.sos.state.mn.us/precinct_finder/
ALLOWABLE MEANS OF IDENTIFICATION
1. Valid Minnesota driver's license, learner's permit, Minnesota ID card or authorized Tribal ID (or receipt) SHOWING THEIR DULUTH ADDRESS IN THE PRECINCT.
2. A bill for electric, natural gas, water, solid waste, telephone or cable television service with a due date within 30 days of election day that contains the voter=s name AND current Duluth address AND one of the following that contains the voter=s name and photograph:
- Minnesota driver=s license or Minnesota ID card
- US passport
- US military ID card
- ID card of a post-secondary educational institution in Minnesota
- Tribal ID
3. The OATH OF A REGISTERED VOTER IN THE SAME PRECINCT who can vouch for the person=s residence, by signing an oath before the election judge stating that he or she personally knows that the individual is a resident of the same precinct. (NOTE: The person signing the oath can be a previously registered voter or a person who just registered by either #1 or #2 above.) A voter who has been vouched for on election day may not sign a proof of residence oath for any other individual on election day.
For College Students:
4. College students may use a current student fee statement that contains the student's valid Duluth address in the precinct together with a picture identification card, or
5. If a student lives in campus housing and is correctly listed on the housing list issued to the election judges for that precinct, that student would need to present a current student picture identification card.
CITY OF DULUTH
CITY CLERK'S OFFICE
330 City Hall ! 411 West First Street
Duluth, Minnesota 55802-1189
Phone (218) 730-5500
Fax (218) 730-5923
# # #