Three juvenile males arrested for garage burglaries and vehicle prowls.
Three juvenile Duluth males are in custody for three garage burglaries and a five vehicle prowls they committed during the early morning hours of Tuesday, June 1st, 2010. The crimes took place on the Norton Road between the hours of midnight and 7:00 a.m. Police feel the three may have committed other burglaries and vehicle prowls in the area that morning and ask anyone that has not yet reported it to call 9-1-1.
The three 14 year old males are being held at the Arrowhead Juvenile Center pending formal charges for First Degree Burglary, two counts of Third Degree Burglary, Criminal Damage to Property, and Tampering with a Motor Vehicle. The investigation into these burglaries and vehicle prowls continues.
Entry into the three garages and three of the vehicles were through unlocked doors. Police want to remind citizens to:
· Keep all doors and windows closed and secured. Open doors and windows are an invitation for burglars. Doors should have dead bolt locks with a 1" throw. All windows should have window locks.
· Always lock the doors and window to attached and unattached garages.
· Secure sliding glass doors. Place a metal rod or piece of wood in the track and install vertical bolts.
· Keep the perimeter of your home or business well lit and trim surrounding trees and shrubs. Overgrown trees and shrubs serve as perfect hiding places for burglars.
· Never leave clues that you are gone for an extended period. Have a trusted neighbor collect mail and newspapers or put a stop on their delivery.
· Keep valuables out of sight.
· Outside, lock up ladders, tools or lawn furniture.
· Never place keys under the doormat, flower pot or window ledge.
· Lock vehicles, take the keys, and remove all valuables.