Below are the numbers for the police response from Thursday through Monday.
· 26 party interventions
· 25 underage consumption tags
· 1 disorderly conduct
· 1 fleeing on foot
· 1 damage to property
· 2 warrant arrests
· 1 urinating in public
· 3 open containers of alcohol in public
Below is a list of our efforts in regard to addressing problems related to college housing.
• Reassigned community police officers to college neighborhoods which save on overtime costs. Additionally these officers are most familiar with community concerns and engaged in problem solving.
• Overtime officers hired solely for conducting patrols for parties and doing interventions before we receive calls for service.
• Educational information disseminated to students on laws and consequences.
• Coordinate with area law enforcement agencies including, UMD police and Minnesota State Patrol on enforcement of violations of city ordinances and state statutes including social host, underage consumption, disturbing the neighborhood and DWI. This is the first year the State Patrol will partner with DPD in doing DWI enforcement.
• Provide U of M the names of students involved in code of conduct violations for off-campus behavior.
• Provide training and resources for landlords.
• Hold landlords accountable for nuisance behaviors of tenants through rental license revocation.
• Work with building inspection to address unlicensed, unsafe and illegal rental properties.