Duluth Parks and Recreation Final Master Plan Review Meeting
The public is invited to attend an open house meeting on Wednesday, November 10th from 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM at Washington Center, 310 N 1st Avenue West to review the Park Master Plan and provide feedback.
Key elements of the Master Plan are to:
· improve the quality of existing parks (especially neighborhood parks),
· focus on connecting the community through trails and bikeways,
· have fewer, but higher quality recreation buildings,
· enhance stewardship of natural resources,
· expand partnerships with schools for community recreation and gathering,
· increase use and recognition of volunteers and volunteer groups, and
· create stable and sustainable funding sources to improve the park system.
The Parks Master Plan is available for review and comment on-line at www.duluthmn.gov/parks/master_plan.cfm Comments from the open house meeting will be used to shape the final Parks and Recreation Master Plan which will go to the Duluth City Council in December.
For more information contact Kathy Bergen, Parks and Recreation Division Manager at (218) 730-4309.
# # #