Duluth, a four-season city with 11,000 acres of green space alongside the greatest lake in the world, has miles and miles of trails that allow for travel on foot, skis, bike or snowmobile.Read more...
Check out the City Calendar of Events for information on activities, meetings and more.Event Listing...
• Population: 86,211
• Land area in square miles: 67.79
• Persons per square mile: 1,272
• Sister Cities: Petrozavodsk, Russia; Thunder Bay, Canada; Isumi-City, Japan; Växjö, Sweden; and Rania, Iraqi-Kurdistan.
Safely and securely pay your water & gas bill online. Pay Now...
Apply for, pay for and print some types of permits online using the city of Duluth's online permitting system. More info...
Keep updated on areas of our site by signing up to be notified by email. Subscribe Now...
Find information about individual properties, assessment changes, and boards of appeal and equalization. Property Details Search
Report a snow related issue, find resources and more regarding the winter season. Winter Watch
Emily was elected Mayor of Duluth in November 2015 with 72% of the vote. She was inaugurated on January 4th, 2016.More info...
Together, we are all responsible for keeping Duluth safe and comfortable for winter walking. For your own benefit and to help your neighbors, people pushing strollers or using wheelchairs, and the many people in Duluth who walk, please do your part.
Duluth ordinance requires that property owners clear sidewalks after the end of a snowfall within 24 hours.
When you shovel snow and clear ice:
Avoid a ticket
* If the City of Duluth gets a complaint or discovers that a sidewalk is not properly cleared, staff will inspect the sidewalk and give the property owner a chance to clear it.
* If the sidewalk has not been cleared upon re-inspection, crews will remove the snow and ice from the sidewalk and property owners will be billed for this service. Unpaid bills will be added to the owner’s property tax.
Want to go the extra mile?
Are there neighbors on your street who are elderly, have a disability or may have a hard time shoveling for any reason? Work with your neighbors to give a hand and ensure your entire block is safe and accessible to all!
[ CONTACT ]
Inform City Staff about an issue or concern related to snow operations.